Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Good advice

? miles
Hard- 1 hr
Felt like (1-10): 7

So Im still having problems with my shins, but slowly and surely its getting better. Apparently, the first 5 min. of last saturdays 15k is on the website as a video. My coworker saw it and analyzed my run. I bounce too much and waste up and down energy. It also looked like I was limping. So for todays track workout (2 x 20 min.) I focussed on my form a lot. I focussed all my energy to moving forward instead of bouncing up and down. It made such a difference in my running. I felt like I was running farther in less time...aka fastesr but with the same exerted energy as before. It also made a difference in how I feel on my feet and in my shins. I hope this is a good sign and my left leg keeps getting better.

5 comments:

SDrunner said...

Yeah, shin splints are really bad. I got them back in high school and wouldn't be able to walk without limping. The bad thing about it was that I didn't rest, which is what you may have to do to completely heal..

Trail Running

Anonymous said...

Hey ate Ellen Mae. Sorry about your shins! But your blog made me remind me of something that my friend told me to do whenever we run the mile in class because he's in track and field. He said that you should run run on your tiptoes because it helps you push off more. He also said to run with your arms and elbows close down to your hips and with your chest out. Just something i thought i should share with you to see if it helps. Hope to see you soon!

new websites said...

Thank you very much

whois domain find said...

Thank you very much for your wonderful

kayan Association said...

Thanks ..your topic beautiful ..... Good luck