Monday, January 7, 2008

Dread tread

2.5 miles
Easy-30 min.
Felt like(1-10): 7

Tonight, I walk into LAfitness trying to psych myself up for a treadmill run when one of the personal trainers comes up to me and asks what I'm working on. I tell him I'm just going to run and he asks if I want to do weights since he's got nothing to do. I'm confused for a minute but in the back of my mind I knew it was him trying to convince me to sign up for their personal trainer deals of the month or something. I go along with it since it's been a few weeks since I've done any weights and we work on arm exercises for the next 20 min. Currently, I can't get my arms to stop shaking...I think it was too much weight too soon and I KNOW I'm going to feel it the next few days.

Hopped on the treadmill for an easy run today...wished I stayed longer so I could feel better prepared for the Carlsbad half but it didn't happen since too many people were waiting to use the machines and I was feeling guilty that I went over the 20 min. limit. Oh well. I hate treadmill running..it's too monotonous for me. But it's the only option if I can't wake up early enough or try to do it at lunch. I still feel good that I'm running at a faster pace for a longer time, so that's helpful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you do well in the next 22 weeks! You'll do great! I totally know you will! Keep up with the hard work.. it pays off! I've don't know much about running but I totally walk! So far, I've only walked for the Revelon and Diabetes Walks. ;) Well, GOOD LUCK!