Saturday, February 2, 2008

South Shores Super Run 10k

6 miles
Med- 1 hr 13 min
Felt like (1-10): 7

My felt like rating would be much higher except for what happened when I was picking up my shirt and bag before the race. If you're going to volunteer, please have a good attitude about it. Don't be rude to people trying pick up their stuff. He pretty much soured my morning. I politely asked if there were bags, because gee sometimes there aren't and by the way he turned away from me, I almost walked away thinking they were only handing out shirts. He snapped back with a "Can you wait?" in a mean tone. That pissed me off because I wasn't being impatient or asking him to hurry up. I simply asked if he was handing out bags as well. Grrrrrrrr.

Anyways..the run itself was fine. The first half was tough because of my shins. I thought I picked it up in the 2nd half as I was passing people and I felt like my stride was stronger, but I pretty much kept the same pace as the first half. Go figure. I didn't set any PR's..it was pretty much the same as my best time. Oh well. Nothing else about the run stands out. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's 5k in Huntington Beach...it's all about that surf board medal baby!

1 comment:

Irene said...

I think I was behind you when picking up the T shirts and bags because I know what guy you're talking about! LOL. Congratulations on your race today!