Saturday, January 26, 2008

Social hour

? miles
Easy-50 min.
Felt like (1-10): 7

Today was a Saturday long run. I didn't make it the full hour because for some reason I ended up being more social than running. I am usually not like this but I ended up talking to people the whole time. It wasn't on purpose..it just happened. I can't even really talk about the route much cuz I wasn't paying attention. On the way out, I met Mike..an experienced slow marathoner with great tips. This is his 8th marathon and he was filled with information. He did most of the talking giving great advice or things to check out. I now wasnt to look into "Chi running" and run injury free. I'm also looking to adjust my routine and ice my legs. He gave an explanation as to why this was a good thing, but I can't remember. I get to the 1st water station and I'm ready to go back because it's been 30 min. I lose track of where Mike is but I meet Patrick. We run back together and he's polar opposite of Mike in terms of training. This is Patricks first time running ever (since the program anyway). He's never done a running event. Just a few weeks ago, running around the track for our warmup was the most running he'd ever done. So I do a lot of talking now since I'm the more experienced. I talk about how it was for me in the beginning and how it gets easier and how amazed he'll be when he's done with this program. He was inspired by his triathlete girlfriend. yay. All types of people running marathons...=)

No comments: